So it’s 10th of the month and time for yet another MFB challenge!Hope you all remember the challenge every month we have about different themes which makes the participation more exciting and interesting!This month’s challenge is “Cooking from scrap book” .Yay it’s quite interesting right! As a foodie, for sure everyone will have a scrap book which is very close to their heart. I searched for a unique one from my scrap book and finally end up with this recipe!
Hats off to Rafeeda(who host this) for doing such an amazing work,more than this she is working and blogging too!Masha Allah i must say she is a super woman!Eagerly waiting for the next challenge!This recipe is one of my favorite veg recipe,something different and scrumptious using chickpea.I mentioned about the dish long back in this post.I got it from my sis in law which was shared to her by a lovely friend and cousin Shabana. Thank you ladies for this delicious recipe!It’s a great combo with puri and bature.
Coming back to the recipe,it is a delectable channa masala cooked in Chinese style.The boiled chick pea is coated and shallow fried first,then it’s mixed up with tangy and sweet sauce.Don’t think that channa can’t be tasty in this way!You have to try it to believe that!
- 1 cup chick pea boiled with salt
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 small onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 capsicum
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chilly sauce or Schezwan sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry channa (chick pea)
- Some cilantro
- Spring onions for garnishing
- Boil Chick pea with salt drain and keep it aside.Don’t over cook it.
- In a large bowl mix together chick pea,cornflour,all purpose flour,soy sauce and mix well to coat it
- In a deep bottom pan pour some oil and dump in the coated chickpea and shallow fry it until lightly golden and crisp.Stir it in between with light hands,but don’t mash it.
- Here ready the chick pea
- In the same oil add finely chopped garlic and green chilies saute for few minutes
- Add finely chopped onions with salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Then add finely chopped tomato and capsicum cook for few minutes until the veggies are slightly tender.
- Add all sauces,pepper and mix well.Add the fried chickpeas and mix well,pour a dash of vinegar and sprinkle finely chopped cilantro.Just before serving garnish with spring onion.If you need gravy pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and let it simmer for few seconds.