This easiest recipe of rice, pulao, or biriyani whatever, you will call it is a fusion of the Arabic and Indian version of Maqluba! So flavorful and most importantly the quickest one without any onion like regular rice recipes!
Yes in this recipe no onion is needed, make a simple curry with chicken and veggies along with mild spices and then layer the rice and keep it on DUM! Just flip it carefully and voila your delicious and aromatic lunch is ready!
Before getting into the recipe – Use a wide pot while layering, so that the masala or steam will be distributed evenly on the rice! If you don’t want to flip it, just serve by mixing the masala and rice after the dum process like Biriyani.
- 2 & 1/2 cups basmati rice
- Water and ghee as required
- Salt to taste
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic freshly pounded
- 4 to 5 green chilly slits
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini(opt)
- 1 potato
- 1 tomato or some cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Arabic Spice Mix(i used bezar spice mix from below link) https://fromykitchen.com/2018/11/12/majboos-dejaaj/
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- Coriander leaves
- Cook the rice and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker pour oil and roast the garlic and green chilies until aromatic.
- Add the cleaned chicken along with some salt and stir-fry it.
- Then add all the spices, mix well, and shallow fry it.
- Add the veggies mix and pour some water, and pressure cook it for just one whistle. Let the pressure release on its own, Check the spices and salt, add coriander leaves and layer the rice on top of it.
- Simmer the flame and cook it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Once it’s ready to handle flip it onto a wide pan like Maqluba, and relish it with a cup of hot black tea!
Enjoy with your family!