Shakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern dish with eggs poached in a tomato-based gravy!! It’s so flavorful and yummy which whips up in no time! You can serve it with pita bread or toasted bread with hot coffee or tea! Perfect comfort breakie to enjoy your winter morning!
Many of you asked for the recipe when I shared it on an IG reel! Here comes the right time to share it!
- 4 eggs
- 2 small onions or 1 large
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilly
- 2 to 3 tbsp tomato paste or 2 tomatoes pureed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Some oregano
- Fresh cilantro
- Slice cheese
- In a frying pan pour olive oil, add finely chopped garlic and green chilly, and cook until aromatic
- Add the finely chopped onion and salt, and cook until soft.
- Add the pepper, and cumin and mix well.
- Add tomato paste and cook for a minute. Then add 1/2 to 3/4th cup water, once it comes to a boil drop in the eggs. Add oregano cover and cook.
- Once the egg is cooked add sliced cheese cover and cook until it melts. Serve it hot with your favorite bread!