Pound Cake is made with a pound of each of four ingredients flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. You will fall in love with this soft buttery cake which is made from basic ingredients. It will be perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea! Here the combination of dark chocolate and vanilla layers makes it extra delish!
I love plain cakes, tea cakes, butter cakes, ghee cakes and all sorts of them! There are many cake recipes on my cake folder, do not forget to check it out, guys! As my kids don’t like any nuts in it i usually make it plain without any nuts, but you may use it as per your choice! For basic vanilla pound/ butter cake check this link Butter Cake with simple Lemon Glaze
Actually this cake was inspired by my favorite channel “Everyday Food” which is a three-layer pound cake, i.e, a dark chocolate layer, a lighter chocolate layer, and a vanilla layer! I love how it looks, unfortunately, my second layer was not seen here! But no compromise in flavors eh! In this recipe, I added the process of making three different layers, but you may also divide the batter to two and skip the second layer.
Let’s get started!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3rd cup milk
- 200 gm butter
- 1 cup+ 5tbsp sugar powdered
- 1 & 3/4th cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp heaped baking powder
- 100 gm chocolate
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp cocoa
- Mix eggs milk and vanilla in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add flour, sugar and baking powder mix it.
- Then add the butter and beat it, this is reverse creaming method when the butter is fully coated and moistened with the flour add the wet ingredients in 3 addition, beat until everything is incorporated.
- Melt the chocolate add 2 tbsp cocoa mix it well, then add 1 & 1/4th cup of batter to it mix well and pour and spread it evenly on the greased loaf pan
- For second layer measure, 1 & 1/4th cup batter add 1 tbsp cocoa and mix well, pour it on top of the dark chocolate layer(you may also skip this and simply divide the batter to 2 layers and do dark chocolate and vanilla layer
- last layer is vanilla spread it evenly and bake it @180 degrees preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean
It is a super soft and delicious pound cake with amazing vanilla and chocolate flavors!