Yayla Corbasi is a Turkish yogurt & rice-based soup that comforts your soul👌👌 If you are feeling to have something light and comforting this one is the right choice!!
Here I made slight changes from the authentic recipe by adding chicken pieces, pepper and garlic👌 The main flavoring and scent come from the final mint seasoning sauteing in butter❤️
I was not sure about the taste and flavor, just curious to know the flavor, I tried it and loved it👌👍 If you have yogurt lovers in your home give it a try!!
- 1/4 cup rice
- small piece chicken cut into small pieces
- 5 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp rice broth
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped(optional)
- 1 tsp dried mint
- green chilly finely chopped(opt)
- Cook rice and chicken with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, and flour without any lumps. Add a ladle full of rice broth into this and pour it into the cooked rice mix. Cover and cook it on low flame for 10 minutes.