This is an aromatic spicy roasted potato with a fresh flavor of garlic and curry leaves!!! A finger-licking good appetizer or side dish that goes well with rice or roti!!
If your family is a potato lover, surely you must double the qty for a second serving😉 Simple yet delicious treat to enjoy!!! If you don’t get baby potatoes make them with regular potatoes by cutting them into four portions!
- 1/4 kg potatoes boiled with some salt and water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 4 dry red chilies
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 1 mace (ground all these spices to a coarse powder)
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic chopped
- some curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- cilantro and lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes with salt in the cooker for 2 or 3 whistles.
- Drain it and peel off the skin.
- In a kadai pour oil add garlic and curry leaves, and fry it until aromatic.
- Add the potatoes and shallow fry them until slightly crisp and golden brown.
- Add the prepared spice mix on medium-low flame and stir-fry it. Pour a few tbsp of water so the masala will coat the potatoes well! Once it’s nicely coated and roasted add the cilantro and a splash of lemon juice! Serve it with your fav roti or rice!