Quiche is considered as a French dish, that is a savory open crust pastry with a savory filling and custard. A buttery flaky tart with a delicious chicken filling topped with cheesy and rich custard. Marriage of that crispy buttery tart with silky smooth custard is bang on!
This recipe was there on the blog with a casual picture and write-ups, so i’m deleting that post and uploading a totally new one for this amazing recipe with brand new video and pictures! hehe! Hope you all will enjoy this as much as we did!
Nowadays I’m browsing through my blog and trying to bring out my old recipes with better pictures and videos! Surely there are lots of good recipes I’ve posted initially that are unnoticed by my new followers!
Coming bak to the recipe its very rich, that you can make it on any special occassion or for a party! This will be surely a show stopper dish for any party! That crispy buttery flaky tart shell with all those savory filling is lip-smackingly good!
- 1 cup flour
- 60 grams cold butter
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Salt to taste.
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 90 gm butter
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 300gm Chicken breast fillet (boil with salt,pepper and soya sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium capsicum
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- some chilly flakes
- Some oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp sou sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil or 1 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1oo ml fresh cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- Some parmesan cheese (opt)
- Some Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Combine the flour and salt. Your butter should be cold. Cut it in cubes and mix it well with the flour to get a bread crumb like texture. You can also use a food processor for even mixing. Then slowly add the water and knead. Don’t over knead just until all combined.
- Chill it for one hour
- Roll the dough in between parchment papers and fit into the bottom of the pan, letting the sides flop over. Fit the bottom and sides, and then using the back of the palm fit into the corners. Cut the excess off the top so that the dough is flush.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 20 mins, longer is fine too. The dough should not bend to the touch.
- Preheat your oven to 180.
Tip :Rollout the dough on top of the parchment paper it will help u to lift the pastry dough easily and place it on the mould.
Blind baking; Take out the pan from the freezer spread a parchment paper and put some grains or pulses over it like this and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes. This is to prevent the raising of the tart while baking. Take out the parchment paper and bake it for another 10 minutes.
Note: If you don’t have a loose bottom pan, after baking the tart slowly move it to an oven-safe dish which you are going to serve the quiche.So that it will be easy for you to serve. Otherwise demolding the tart will be difficult.
(for the detail recipe check the video)
In a pan add butter add finely chopped garlic and saute. Add sliced onion and capsicum cook for few minutes add pepper,salt and oregano. Mix in the shallow fried chicken add lots of parsley and off the flame.
Mix all the ingredients and give it a good whisk keep it aside.
In the tart spread out the filling evenly and pour the egg custard evenly spread some mozzarella and put it for baking until the cheese melt and the custard are firm and brown enough. Here ready your quiche to serve.