Tuna pulao is a simple yet flavorful comfort meal that is packed full of healthy ingredients! Perfect lazy day lunch and a treat for those who love fish! If you have some leftover rice try it out guys!
This rice is mixed with veggies and tuna with a spicy and tangy masala that me and kids enjoyed every bit of it! If you are in a hurry and you want something healthy and delicious for lunch this one is a perfect treat!
You can also have this tuna masala with chapati or puri instead of mixing it with rice! Hope you all will love it!
- 160 gm canned tuna
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger chopped
- 3 green chilies chopped
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot grated
- Some cooked or frozen peas (if you like)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Some chilly flakes and pepper powder
- lemon juice
- some cilantro
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 cups cooked basmathi rice
- In a pan pour ghee, add chopped ginger garlic and green chilies cook it until it releases nice aroma
- Add sliced onion and salt cook it until the onion is soft, add the grated carrot cover and cook it.
- Add tomato and cook it mushy
- Add the spices , mix and cook it.
- Add peas and tuna by draining the oil,break the tuna flakes and cook it.
- Cook it on medium high flame by stirring constantly to get nice seared effect on tuna
- Add garam masala, some more chilly flakes and pepper powder with a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- last but not the least, cilantro.
- Now add the cooked basmathi rice and toss it well.