Prawn 65 is an amazing appetizer or side dish with blasting flavors! One of the most favorite prawn dishes here at my home! Spicy stir-fried prawns drenched in a tangy sauce with the flavors of green chilly and curry leaves spluttered in the oil is to die for!
This one is almost the same recipe of my chicken 65 which is a favorite for many of you! This recipe is surely a keeper with bhatura or puri or even a side for fried rice or Biriyani! Chicken 65 is my go-to to make fry when there are any parties or any special occasion!
This recipe was tried when my in-laws were here who doesn’t have chicken, so made it with prawns and all loved it to the chore! Since then, my hubby used to demand it often! The flavor combination of this marinade with seafood is awesome! Try it out guys and thank me later! hehe! 65 has a variety of recipes, isn’t it? Everyone has their own version of 65 and all of them taste equally good! This recipe is my mom’s marinade for chicken65 that i tried in prawns! I’ll share the chicken 65 link here
- 500 gm prawns
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 3/4 tbsp garlic hopped
- salt to taste
- Some lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chilly powder
- 1/4tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 to 4 green chilies
- ‘Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- 1 tsp yogurt
- 1 tsp tomato paste and ketchup
- Some water
- Marinate cleaned and deveined shrimp with above-listed ingredients and let it sit for at least 2 hours
- In a pan pour oil and shallow fry the prawns and take it out.
- In the same pan splutter curry leaves, green chilies and coriander leaves and saute for a few seconds!
- Then in the marinated bowl add yogurt and some water and pour this to the pan(check the video)
- Let it simmer for 1minute
- Add the prawns in it mix and cook it for a few minutes and switch off the flame. If you want it, dry cook, it for some more time. Adjust the consistency accordingly if you like it with gravy!
You can see here with gravy and the dry one coated with all those delicious tangy yogurt sauce!