Chicken 65 is one of my favorite chicken dishes! However, the way it is prepared dry, saucy with gravy it has a blasting flavor isn’t it? There are tons n tons of recipes for this single dish like everyone has their own version of preparing 65. It’s tangy, little sweet-spicy….. I think that the marriage of flavors makes it a crowd-pleaser.
I already have a chicken65 dry recipe on the blog which is tried by many and got lovely feedback! Whenever i have to make a fry for a party, I use to make that chicken65 and all my guest asks for the recipe, hehe! That was my mom’s recipe and it’s always a hit! Now talking about this recipe it is my aunt’s recipe my favorite Khairu Uppitha’s ❤😘! When I have it from her place oh my god it has a slightly tangy, sweet flavor that makes me woow! Thankyou safrithatha for passing this recipe of your mom to me😘 Her’s was with some gravy,😒😁 but i didn’t get that much gravy here, but the flavor was too good that my family and guests loved it.
I hope you all will love it too! Soon i will share another recipe of the same with some more gravy which my friend shared with me! Till then enjoy this one!
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp chilly powder (adjust it according to your spice level)
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- salt to tsate
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Oil to shallow fry
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter
- 3 to 4 green chili slits
- Lots of curry leaves
- 1 & 1/2 to 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Leftover chicken marinade
- Some water
- In a bowl mix all the marinade ingredients and make a paste
- Then add the washed and drained chicken in it
- Rub and marinate well for atleast 2 to 3 hours. More the better,
- Pour oil in a pan and shallow fry it.
- Take out the excess oil by leaving some in the pan, add the butter and let them melt.
- Add in the curry leaves and green chilies.
- Then add the sauce and mix well.
- Now pour in the leftover marinade along with some water.
- Let them boil and add the fried chicken pieces in it. Cook for few minutes and switch off the flame.