These cute little flower buns are real happiness! It’s healthy and delicious in every single bite! Yes, it’s made of wheat and believe me it was equally good as we make with all purpose flour. I was surprised by the softness and flavor! The filling is the next important part of the recipe which is so flavorful with some Arabic spices and flavoring loaded with cheese.
This looks so cute, isn’t it? I happen to see this one on an Arabic Channel and loved the look of it. The recipe is totally mine from the dough to the filling, but the method I adapted from that local channel here! Hope you all will give this a try.If you don’t want to make it fancy like this just do it as my stuffed dinner rolls and you are good to go!
I’m so excited to share this whole wheat bun recipe with you all, as many asked me if there is a substitute for all-purpose flour and here is it! I made my mind now I will be experimenting more recipes with wheat flour instead of white flour. I’m sure once you try this recipe you will be satisfied and don’t go back to the white flour in bread baking again. That satisfaction on seeing the well puffed and soft textured pies is immense!
In this recipe, buttermilk is very important to get a soft dough! (See notes)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 & 1/2 cups buttermilk + more water if needed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 400 gm chicken mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic
- A handful of cilantro
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Some paprika
- Some chili flakes
- 2 tsp tahini sauce
- 2 tsp cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs oil or olive oil
- Mix the dry ingredients and then knead it with buttermilk. Add butter and knead well again. If you feel like the dough is stiff add some more water and knead it to a soft pliable one. Cover it.
- Let it sit in a warm place for proofing.
Notes: If you don’t have buttermilk (laban) Add a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar to the milk stir and wait for 5minutes and then use it.
- In a chopper put onion, bell pepper, cilantro, ginger garlic, green chili and chop it finely. Add tomato paste, cumin and pepper powder and pulse again.
- Then add this to the chicken mince along with salt and some olive oil, Mix well and let them sit for at least 15minutes.
- Then in a pan pour some olive oil and dump in the mixture. Mix it well and cover and cook it for 10minutes.
- Open the lid and let the water dries out. In between add the tahini paste and cheese mix and cook.
- Now add the chili flakes and paprika. Mix and stir fry it until you get a dry filling. Squeeze in some lemon juice and switch off the flame.
Check the video. Don’t forget the egg wash. Then bake it at 180 degrees preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. (If it’s still not brown increase the temperature to 200 and bake for 5more minutes. If the crust is hard, cover it with a damp cloth or tissue and leave it for 15 minutes.
This is so cheesy and delicious! Try it out! Have it when it’s warm or reheat it in the microwave just before having it.