This recipe is definitely a keeper !! So flavorful yet the simplest dish that attracts everyone! Yes, it is a baked kebab and veggie platter dunked in tomato sauce! Goes well with kubs or any Arabic Pilaf! Turkish food is one of my favorites as it includes lots of grills and kebabs! Next in my list to try from Turkish cuisine is Guvec(one of my favorite which is a meat-based dish topped with cheese)!!
The recipe is so simple that hardly requires any time! We just need to mix all the ingredients to make kebab and then shape it and arrange it in a platter along with potatoes, tomatoes and chilies and then a simple tomato sauce is poured over it and then bake it until done. This will be surely there on my next party table!!😊😊
I didn’t post anything for a while coz I was super busy with some other stuff. Had an event where I along with my friends put a food stall with some baked goodies! I was so happy with the overwhelming response we got! Many of the goodies we showcased were all over in a jiffy especially dessert cups, brownie, drinks!
Coming back to today’s recipe this is a must try one! The addition of chilly over the platter gives a nice kick to the dish! Hope you all will try this and enjoy it!
- 500 gm chicken mince
- 1 onion
- 5 to 8 cloves garlic
- A bunch of greens cilantro+ parsley and few mint leaves
- Salt taste
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 slice breads
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- Some chilies
- 2 tbsp tomato paste or 2 tomatoes pureed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- some olive oi
- 1 to 1 &1/2 cup water
- In a food processor add onion, garlic, and greens and pulse it, Then add bread and crumb it.
- Then add the chicken, salt, pepper, and paprika pulse it until everything is mixed, Add some olive oil in it and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees
- Now instead of making balls form into a shape of cutlets.
- Cut the veggies in roundels.
- Stack kebab, potato and tomato on a round plate beautifully by alternating each other.
- Slit the chilies into two and place them on top of it( you can refer video for this)
- For Sauce – Mix all the ingredients listed under the sauce and pour it in the prepared tray halfway through.
- Bake it at 200 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until its done and browned on the top. I served it with homemade khubs and we all enjoyed it!
- For easy cooking of potato parboil the whole potato and then slice it and bake it.
- Chicken mince should not have any water in it while mixing.