Baked chicken with some healthy veggies!A comfort meal perfect for the climate!Chicken marinated with Cajun seasoning and some other spices with garlic and tomatoes. Deliciousness!!It’s a complete meal with spiced and baked veggies along with chicken.
Kashif really enjoyed it!Actually it was a treat for him on his birthday!Just to make him feel special,i simply asked him what do you want for lunch, and he immediately responded Tandoori chicken!😃I was like,oh nooo!hehe!It was a lazy day for me and i have not much time to marinate it.So i decided to make something simple and quick!Here comes the recipe
Cajun seasoning is a blend of spice mix that includes garlic powder,oregano,thyme,paprika,pepper powder!To know the correct proportion check here ! I love adding it in my sandwich and many other recipes!It gives a nice balanced flavor!
The veggies here were very flavorful with all those seasonings!I used potatoes , corn,mushrooms,garlic, tomatoes and onions!Served it with muthabbal and green salad along with khubs!
Over to the recipe
- 700 gm chicken
- 1 n 1/2 tomatoes
- A small piece pf onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies
- Some cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Some oil to drizzle while baking
- Veggies of your choice( i used potato,tomato.mushroom.onion,garlic and corn)
Note:Adjust the heat like how you want!(if you can handle more heat add more,or else less)
- Grind together all the ingredients listed under marination!Marinate it to the cleaned and drained chicken at-least for 2 hours!
- Take the veggies cut them to medium thick slices and marinate the rest of marination to the veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree
- Arrange the chicken and veggies evenly on the baking tray drizzle some oil on top put some cloves of garlic here and there bake it for 1/2 an hour.
- Then take it out brush some more oil sprinkle some Cajun seasoning(optl) turn the side of baking tray and bake it again for 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour or until juices from the chicken runs out completely and got a nice charred marks on the chicken.Serve it by topping some lemon juice and Cajun seasoning!
Note:You can also shallow fry it.