Prawns are delicious in whatever way we cook it !!I really can’t resist the smell while frying the prawns.For sure one or two will go in my mouth. Hehe!The whole house will be fragrant.This is a dish made with well marinated and fried prawns with some Indian spices and then make a thick gravy with coconut milk.It’s spicy with good flavor of pepper and coconut milk.
I love to experiment with prawns because it cook so quick and also almost all flavors goes very well with prawns.I already have one Garlic & Pepper Prawn Roast on the blog.This one will compliment well with vellayapam or any other malabar rotis and of-course with chappati and puris.
If you are bored with those regular gravies do try it!
- 1/2 kg prawns
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tspn ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- 1 big onion
- 1 big tomato
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 green chilly
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp or more pepper powder(if you like more spicy add accordingly)
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Marinate prawns with above listed ingredients for at-least 15 minutes.In a frying pan pour coconut oil and fry the prawns..(if water comes out from the prawns dry it out completely and fry the prawns.
- In same oil add curry leaves.ginger garlic paste and slitted green chilly and saute for few sec.
- Add thinly sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Add tomato slices and when its half done add all the spices and mix well.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water and cook until the rawness from the masalas are all gone.
- Now add fried prawns and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.Add thick coconut milk.When it comes to a boil pour vinegar,some more curry leaves , few coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Yummy prawn pepper in coconut milk is ready,
You can make it without gravy with dark pepper color for that skip the coconut milk and dry out the liquid completely.
Enjoy it with your favorite rotis!!!!!