The refreshing aroma and flavor of orange and that slight crunchiness from almonds makes this cake perfect with a cup of tea.Orange and almond a great combo together. Its very simple to make and an easy goer for your kids.
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered almond /almond powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 n 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 10 to 15 almonds chopped or crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree
- No need of electric blender here. Hand-whisk is fine.
- Mix together 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup orange juice,keep it aside.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients like flour,almond powder,salt and baking powder
- In another bowl whisk 3 eggs and powdered sugar until well incorporated
- Now add oil and mix.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients and milk mix in two addition and mix well until incorporated
- Add Vanilla essence crushed almonds and orange zest mix well.
- Bake it for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean,
Notes : If you don’t want the cake to be too sweet cut out 2 to 3 tbsp sugar.Also if you are not using almond powder replace it with flour.(but that will give a texture to your cake)
Enjoy with your morning or evening tea or as a brunch,or pack it for kids tiff-in box…
Hope you guys will like it!