At last i got it right!!Yaay the perfect caramel sauce i have ever made,Truly making caramel is like a luck for me!Sometimes it will come out good sometimes a mess!Maybe many of u too will be facing this same problem right?
This one has got that perfect thickness,that creamy texture and the flavor was like a killer.If you are searching for a good caramel sauce recipe give this a try!I’m sure it works.But you have to follow some tips (look notes)
Can you see that silky smooth caramel goodness!Something Caramely and heavenly is coming on its way for this festive and holiday season!So stay tuned
Over to recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 30 gram unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature(i used the tin cream nestle
- In a deep saucepan, melt the sugar over medium-high heat.Don’t stir it just let it melt and swirl the pan frequently.
- Once all the sugar has melted by swirling the pan occasionally(don’t burn it,when it starts changing the colour the caramel will burn quickly) As soon as the sugar turns amber in color add your butter and whisk vigorously. It will bubble up aggressively but just keep whisking until all the butter has melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream while whisking vigorously. The caramel is going to bubble aggressively again, so be careful
- Whisk until all the cream is incorporated.
- Set the sauce aside to cool for 15 minutes
- You can refrigerate the sauce for up to 2 weeks.It will thicken when it cool.So warm it slightly with a tbsp of milk when you’r using it.
Notes :The butter and cream should be at room temperature. If you add a cold liquid to the hot sugar, it will seize up and you won’t be able to recover it
If you are making salted caramel be sure to whisk in the salt IMMEDIATELY after the cream otherwise it won’t completely incorporate.
The Golden Rule of caramel making is DON’T WALK AWAY. Stand your ground at the stove. (according to American Heritage Cooking)tips adapted from here..