This is a healthy and delicious goody to snack on! Dates,nuts and some biscoff spread in three different coating! This is the simplest recipe and it’s a sure thing that kids will love it! Best after school or brunch box idea, isn’t it? Not only kids it’s the best way to end our sweet cravings in a healthy manner.
If you don’t have or want to add biscoff spread make it, even more, healthier by adding peanut butter and call as an energy ball. I took it for a party and everyone indulged in equally. Here all you have to do is just pulse everything in a blender and you are good to roll it. In one batch I added some lotus biscuits too along with nuts and tasted like heaven. You can add Marie biscuit if you can’t reach the lotus.
1st one I kept plane which is date & nutball other one coated in quick chocolate sauce and the third one in desiccated coconut. My kids loved it so this is gonna be one of my go-to snacks for kids from now onwards! As its festive season, we can see social medias are filled with drool-worthy Diwali sweets which is my weakness!hehe! So let’s celebrate it with this delicious dates truffle.
Let’s check out how easy this is to put together!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4th to 1 cup assorted nuts (i used almonds, cashews, and pistachios in equal proportion)
- 4 to 5 lotus or Marie biscuits
- 1 to 2 tbsp biscoff spread (you can also use peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Note: Try to use soft dates.
- 5 tbsp icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp hot water
Note: You can also use chocolate ganache for the more yummy result.
- In a food processor add in all nuts and biscuits and crush it. Not too fine.
- Then add the pitted dates and pulse.
- Add biscoff spread and vanilla essence and blend everything well.
- Check if everything comes together. If it’s sticky and you can shape it to a ball you are good to go. Shape it to equal sizes of small balls.
- Mix icing sugar, cocoa, and water together to make a chocolate sauce. Then dip the ball in it and roll it in desiccated coconut. Leave some by simply coating in chocolate sauce and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1/2 to 1 hour and dig in.
- You can add more biscoff spread if you like the taste of it.
- Ok, one more tip if the biscoff spread is not available at your place try to add some toffee sauce and a pinch of cinnamon in it and I’m sure it will be yum!!