Crunchy,sweet,sour and spicy !!Who doesn’t love to have this combination?Especially chaat loving people will definitely do!I had this salad from Malaysia along with their meal which includes Nasigoreng and fries!Loved it like crazy,more than anything else that we ordered there!hehe!It has got a sweet,sour gingery spicy crunchy flavors that i can’t stop having it.
In our place raw mangoes are eaten with salt and chilly powder(nostalgic mouthwatering deliciousness)makes pickle and many other things,but in salad form its first time and just loved it!Nothing fancy in it,just few ingredients which are always handy and your crunchy salad is ready to go!
The dressing is some tamarind paste,brown sugar,ginger,salt and lemon.That was yum!If you don’t have brown sugar replace it with regular sugar. katta meeta (sour and sweet)comes from dressing too!Mangoes and onions should be cut in thin julienne to relish it!I paired it with rice and curries and was too good!
Try it out i’m sure you guys will love it!
- 1 medium sized raw mango
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 small onion
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 2 or 3 red small chilies or green chilies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp thick tamarind puree
- 3 to 4 tbsp brown sugar
- small piece ginger crushed
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optl)
- Mix together dressing and keep it aside.
- Thinly cut the mangoes,onions and ginger.finely chop coriander leaves and chilies mix everything together in a large bowl.Check for seasoning and add sugar or salt if needed.If u need more sourness add some lemon juice.
- Chill it or serve it as is!Enjoy!
Let’s enjoy this mango season with variety of mango recipes!Have fun and do share with me your favorite mango recipes!