What about a cup of saffron and cardamom flavored drink with some bits of pistachios in it?Really the climate calls for something hot and soothing!Today morning the temperature is 4 degree here.Freezing isn’t it!All we need during this climate is a cup of hot and comforting drink.
Chilly days are also lazy days right!! I don’t know what’s for lunch yet!Really feeling lazy,kashif will be back from school within half an hour.Now i have to rush to make something for him. Hehe!Rest after break!
If you like rasmalai i’m sure you will love this too.It’s like a rabri in the form of a drink.This is such a flavorful drink that soothe your soul!To thicken this i added cornflour here.Also added some chopped strawberries for garnishing along with pistachios.If you don’t want omit it.I’m sure this will be a great drink for a chilly weather like this to keep you warm.
Over to recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk to mix cornflour
- 3 to 4 tsp cornflour
- A good pinch of saffron
- Handful of sliced pistachios
- 4 pods of cardamom
- 5 tbsp sugar(more or less according to your choice)
- 3 chopped strawberries for garnishing
- Mix the cornflour in 1/4 cup milk and keep it aside.
- In a pan on heat the milk and water along with the cornflour slurry by stirring continuously.
- Add saffron,cardamom and let it boil for few seconds.
- Add sugar and switch off the flame when u get the desired consistency. I like it a little thick.
- Add 1/2 of the chopped nuts in this and preserve rest for garnishing.Take out the cardamom while serving.
- Relish it when it’s hot!
Can you see the consistency?or the Mehandi?Hehe!Trust me i clicked this to show you the consistency of the drink… 😉
Enjoy the mausam(climate)with this flavorful drink!!