An irresistibly delicious gravy well coated in chicken.Chicken Perlan(gravy coated on the piece)cooked in earthen pot.What could be better than this?
Chicken Handi recipe whenever you go through the internet or restaurants you will get a North Indian style gravy.Here i cooked it in spicy South Indian style and it was lipsmackingly good.If you have earthen pot please try to cook this gravy in that pot itself.It tasted really awesome.If you don’t have no worries you may cook it in regular pot.But try!!
By hearing the name don’t think that its a complicated one!Its a luscious and super simple recipe !The only time consuming job here is frying onion.All other things are done in a jiffy.Hope you guys will like it.
Over to Recipe
- 1/2 of a chicken
- 1 tbsp freshly pounded black pepper
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder
- 7 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 10 small onions
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Few finely chopped curry leaves
- 1 big tomato finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium onions
- Curry leaves
- 4 tbsp oil to fry onion
- Clean and drain the chicken.
- Crush ginger,garlic and small onion,dump this in a big bowl add all other ingredients under the marination and mix well,Then add chicken in it and mix and rub well with your hands along with tomato and curry leaves.
- Take an earthen pot and dump this marinated chicken in it with 1/2 cup of water.Let the chicken cook int on medium flame.do not forget to stir in between.
- Meanwhile in another pan pour oil and fry the onion until golden brown.when its slightly brown add curry leaves in it.By that time your chicken will be almosr done.If it has lots of liquid in it let it simmer and reduce.Now pour this chicken along with gravy in the fried onion and mix and fry it for 5 to 8 minutes.Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.Serve it hot with roti of your choice.
Believe me it will be a treat for those who love such spicy foods.Cooking in handi makes it more tastier.