Now i feel like having these!!!I made it for one of my friend and there all gone in a jiffy!They loved it so much! And i’m so glad to see the kids munching on it!I mean who doesn’t love a flavorful vanilla cake filled with a yummy vanilla custard and frosted with silky smooth chocolate ganache!Yummy!!
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 100 gm Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 3 to 4 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- Small Pinch of Salt
For the ganache:
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, grease a nonstick muffin pan with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and cream together until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients , beat together slowly adding the milk and mix everything to combine.
- Make sure you give everything a good mix with a spatula
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake tin, until it’s filled 3/4 of the way up because they will rise. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool completely before filling.
Cup cake is ready to assemble!
- Mix all your custard ingredients in a large saucepan. whisk them all together to combine .
- Now switch on the flame over medium heat and cook your custard stirring the whole time until the custard thickens. Strain it through a fine sieve, cover the custard with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic wrap is touching the custard) and pop it in the fridge completely.
To make the Ganache:
- Heat the cream in a small pan over medium heat until the sides of it are just boiling.
- Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for few minutes. Add the softened butter and whisk the whole thing together until the chocolate has fully melted and silky smooth.
- When everything is ready lets assemble
- Cut each cupcake horizontally spread about the custard on one side, sandwich the cupcake and drizzle a spoon full of ganache over the cupcake..
If you over filled the custard it will end up in a mess!But its up to you!If you want to make a thick filling increase the qty of ingredients using in custard.
Try it out!!It’s really yummylicious with sof spongy cake filled with the vanilla cream all over oozing chocolate ganache!!