A gravy of chicken packed with full of astounding flavors!!!This one is a must try recipe for all those who love the flavor of fresh ginger.As i told u i’ll be back with a flavor packed recipe which is great combo for coin porota!
The one i made is in Pakistani Manner.Garlic chicken,ginger chicken all these when we place an order in a restaurant the first picture comes in our mind is a saucy Chinese dish,But whenever i order for ginger chicken from any Indian-Pakistani restaurant i get this type of gravy,and i love it too!So thought why not give it a try!
There are tons n tons of recipes in the google and you tube for ginger chicken-Chinese,Indian and loots…Here i bring to you simple and most delicious way from all the recipes!Ya i made it the way how i want it(restaurant style) and loved it.Hope you guys will give this a try and i’m quiet sure you will like it!
I used chicken breast fillet here.That will cook fast and we can stir fry it easily,Over to the recipe
- 2 chicken breast fillet
- 1 large piece ginger cut in julienne
- 1 onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 green chillies(whole)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbs coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder1 tsp chilly powder
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- Lots of fresh coriander
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil
- Cut chicken into long strips.
- Thinly slice the onion,Cut ginger in julienne(if you don’t want ginger to be long piece in your gravy chop it finely and juliene cut some ginger for garnish)
- Place large Kadai on stove on medium-high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown, this will take 5 to 7 minutes. Don’t worry if the onions become golden-dark brown, this will only add to the flavor of the sauce.
- Add half of the ginger and continue to saute for 1 minute till fragrant,
- Add the chicken and salt,stir-fry for 5 minutes .
- Add 2 green chillies (whole) at this time and stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and chilli powder and keep stirring till the tomatoes get mushy and the rawness of the masala are all gone.
- Add yogurt and stir.
- It oozes water on its own,with this add 1/4 cup of water and cook for few minutes.You should begin to see some of the oil appear onto the surface of the tomato sauce.This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the julienned ginger and other 2 green chillies simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat (Keep some of the ginger for garnishing.)
- Garnish with lots of fragrant, fresh coriander/cilantro and some fresh julienned ginger.
- Notes: Don’t cut or slit the green chillies,put it whole itself.It has great flavor in it.Also don’t forget to garnish with the ginger..that too give you some extra flavor to the gravy.