Have you ever had this?Seriously, this is a treat for chocolate lovers. I mean i always thought what’s the big deal in it…to make a cake ball and coat it in chocolate?But when i bite it for the first time wohoo! it was a flavor burst of chocolate!!
Actually i made a crumble cake with vanilla flavor, but it turned in to these beauties as my kids prefer chocolate more than vanilla.If you have some leftover cakes or any other cakes you feel like is being less consumed then i highly suggest you to try this and you will be glad that you saved the cake from dumping.Same thing happened here…..shh….hehe!
My kids enjoyed it to the core and the kid in me too!! All you need is a vanilla or chocolate sponge,cooking chocolate, some milk and some digestive biscuit for a crunch.You have to serve it chill to get the best out of it.
- Vanilla Sponge cake 1/2 of a medium size
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp melted chocolate( more or less for binding and flavor)
- 3 to 4 tsp milk for binding
- 4 to 5 Crushed digestive biscuits (Optl)
- Desiccated coconut for sprinkle or colorful sprinkles
Note : If you are using chocolate cake no need to use cocoa powder.You can also use nutella instead of melted chocolate or ganache.
- Crumble the cake with your hands or using a blender.
- Add coco ,crushed digestive(this is adding for a bite,totally optional),chocolate ganache and mix well.
- If you feel like moisture is less and need more binding then add milk to it.It should come out to a firm dough as we need to make balls out of it.
- Then make small balls out of it and freeze it for 1/2 n hour.
- Meanwhile make your chocolate ganache and keep.
- Take out the ball insert the lollipop stick half way through the ball and dip it to the chocolate and let it set on a wax paper,(i sprinkled desiccated coconut,you can make it more colorful with color sprinkles,nuts and many more) same with remaining balls Chill it and use.
If you don’t have a stick serve it in a cupcake liner.
Tips :Don’t skip the step of freezing the balls before inserting the lollipop stick.
Serve it chill …it tasted awesome in that way!
You can see the chocolate coated crust and the soft chocolate cake at center ,it was a delish! Only the person who made this will realize what’s there in the center.Can u see the color of the cake as i used vanilla cake still its dark chocolate color !!That’s what i want ,to finish off my cake hehe!!!