Some changes in the authentic recipe of tikka marination and it was yum!Actually you know what Tikka means?It means “pieces” or “bits”.Bits of chicken marinated in yoghurt and spices and cooked in tandoor or coal.
This dish originated in South Asia and remains popular in India and Pakistan.Here I marinated chicken by grinding garlics onion,tomato and some spices and made a marinate.Then marinated chicken in it and grilled.
- 2 Chicken Breast fillet
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- Small piece onion
- Small piece tomato
- Small piece ginger
- 3 tblsp yoghurt
- 2 tspn red chilly powder
- 1/4 tspn coriander powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tblsp oil
- bell peppers
- More oil for brushig
- Put your skewers in water.This will avoid burning of the skewer while grilling.
- Cut chicken into small cubes and keep it aside.
- Grind together all the ingredients under marination except chicken and make it a smooth paste.Marinate chicken cubes in it.Let it sit at least for 2 hours.The more time its marinated the more tasty it will be.
- Cut veggies in squares.
- Take one skewer mix your veggies in marinade ,First put caps,onion tomato then chicken,repeat it try to keep it closer.Use different colours of bell peppers if you want to make it more colorful.
- Brush your grill pan or frying pan with some oil and grill it until its done and the black spot appears on the chicken.If you are using oven,in grill mode 10 minutes on each side.Need to brush oil in between.
Note : To get that exact grill effect what I used to do is after cooking just show it on direct flame.Believe me it will taste exactly like restaurant.Only few seconds on both side.Keep an eye on it and don’t burn it.:)
Its finger licking good!Try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you!
If you want to make it exactly like Indian tikkas here is the Marinate for tikka .In this avoid first marinade and do the second one!