Nankhatai is an eggless cookie.Very basic cookie taste like heaven.I am a big fan of this cookie.Home made nankhatai taste divine, I think its better than store bought one.
Actually this is made up of dalda or ghee.But here I am using oil and very little ghee!Believe me it taste so good I am sure you will never go back to dalda or ghee recipe after you try this.My guests loved it and they were asking for the recipe.Here is the recipe !
Basic ingredients which are always handy Just mixing oil ,ghee sugar and flour your dough is ready!
Over to recipe.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 3 tblspn ghee
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degree.
- Mix dry ingredients together and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oil,ghee and vanilla .Then add sugar and mix well add flour start kneading the dough.
- Make equal size ball out of it give it a light tap and arrange it in baking tray.Don’t keep it too close it will spread a little.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degree.
So simple and delicious tasting cookie is ready.You can half the volume.
Dip it in tea and enjoy your tea time with this simple cookie.