3d Cake!Just a try I know its not that perfect but I am very happy with this!Just to bring smile on my son’s face for his great day!With all his favourite chocolates!Maltesers, m&m’s, kit kat with a delicious chocolate cake and chocolate mousse filling!Yumm !
Lots of chocolates right?Oh come on!Its ok na for special occasions and especially for kids!My kids enjoyed it a lot.But more than cake they eat chocolates hehe!There is no much effort for this cake if your icing is perfect!I never thought of making this cake before I go through a video in youtube.You too can make it and make your kids happy!
Here I used basic chocolate cake then an icing with chocolate mousse and then covered with chocolates.And then stick candies with the help of a skewer on it and put the cover on top to get that 3d effect.(that step is not too easy!really!)
For Basic Chocolate Cake
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar|(|powdered)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 85 grams butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tspn baking powder
For Chocolate mousse
- 100 grams cooking chocolate
- 1 n 1/2 cup whip cream
- 6 tblspn icing sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- Also you need 2 skewers
- Some ganache to dip the chocolate to stick on the skewer.
For sugar syrup
- 3 or 4 tblspn sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 18o degree
- Sieve together dry ingredients and keep it aside
- In a large bowl beat eggs,vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add butter and beat then add flour and fold in lightly.
- Pour it in a prepared baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Make sugar syrup just melt your sugar and water and keep it aside.This will give a moist cake.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or using a double boiler.Temper the chocolate
- Whip up your cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks are formed.The gently fold in the chocolate and whip cream until well combined.
Note ; Never ever refrigerate a mousse for icing.if you cool it it will become stiff and you can’t be able to spread it.So whip it just before you are ready to ice your cake.
- When your cake is completely cool cut from the center. Brush some sugar syrup fill your icing and cover it with the other cake do same.cover the whole cake with icing.
- Make ready your chocolates.Take each kit kat fingers and place them around the chocolate cake leaving some space for the chocolate candy lava.
- Cut of small corner of maltesers and empty the candies in a bowl and fill the cover with some cling wraps and keep it aside.do same with m&m’s
- Put maltesers on one side of the cake and m&ms on other side.Arrange it nicely use candies to fill the gaps.
- Now for the last and most complicated step.In order to get that floating effect stick skewers into the cake and glue chocolate and candy to them.Also you can dip the chcocolates and stick it on the skewers.
- You have to take break every now and then in this step because chocolate has to harden before you proceed.
- Finally the packets are added to the skewer and our cake is ready.
Note ; For this cake the best icing will be chocolate ganache!It will help to stick the candies easily!
Don’t think that all chocolates I allowed them to eat.hehe!After cutting I vanished many!!But I think once in a while its ok and perfect for a kitty party!